Trident Analysis System: The Complete Materials Characterization System
- Energy Dispersive Spectroscopy (EDS)
- Electron Backscatter Diffraction (EBSD)
- Wavelength Dispersive Spectrometry (WDS)
By integrating EDS, EBSD and WDS analytical techniques on a single platform, the Trident Analysis System provides a complete materials characterization solution. Seamless integration is ensured through comprehensive data collection and sharing between the different techniques. Each technique can be used independently, or the data can be integrated to provide results, which were previously unachievable.
EDS analysis provides all the tools needed from simple qualitative analysis to advanced quantitative calculations.
- Smart Features ensure consistent data collection, analysis and reporting, regardless of the experience level of the operation
- EXpert ID uses analytical intelligence to separate overlaps and uncover minor peaks
High resolution X-ray map of
complex features can now be
collected in a fraction of the time
taken using earlier technology.
EBSD analysis combines the ease of use of the TEAM™ Software Suite with the analytical power of Orientation Imaging Microscopy (OIM) to provide state of the art crystal structure characterization to all users.
- Confidence Index (CI): patented verification of indexing accuracy
- Patented ChI-Scan™ for superior multiphase analysis for improved indexing accuracy and phase
Orientation map of deformed brass.
WDS scans complement EDS spectrum collection to generate accurate qualitative and quantitative analysis.
- Automated sample positioning for ease of use and maximum signal intensity
- High energy data collection enabling the resolution of the most challenging line overlaps
Spectra from stainless steel
sample illustrating the resolution
improvements of WDS versus EDS.
Click here to schedule a live demo of the Trident Analysis System.
Detectors and Cameras
The Trident Analysis System incorporates the Octane Elite Silicon Drift Detectors (SDDs) with sensors designed to meet key application needs. Industry leading electronics provide outstanding efficiency and resolution across the full range of count rates.
For EBSD, the available choices are the market leading Hikari EBSD Camera Series with an excellent blend of speed and sensitivity, and the high resolution DigiView EBSD Camera.
For WDS, chose between the Low Energy X-ray Spectrometer (LEXS) and Transition Element X-ray Spectrometer (TEXS) spectrometers are available for WDS analysis.
The Trident Analysis System is the answer to your most difficult material characterization problems. By providing both crystallographic and elemental results quickly and easily, the Trident Analysis System enables our users to focus their efforts on understanding their materials, rather than on collecting data.